Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Student Accounts After Graduation

From: "Shamblin, Quinn" <qrs () BU EDU>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 13:20:16 +0000

We have joined the Google collective for student e-mail, so students simply keep their e-mail after they graduate.  So
david () bu edu is really a google account and is managed through google.

More than the technical ease of not having to worry about transition and have separate systems setup to handle alumni
e-mail accounts, our Development and Alumni Relations office hopes that this will have a long-term benefit of
continuing to remind Alumni of their alma mater and potentially help with future development opportunities...

Quinn R Shamblin                                                            .
Executive Director of Information Security, Boston University