Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Do you block P2P ?

From: "Massa, Michael" <mmassa () RWU EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 11:09:02 -0400

Hi Mike,

We block all P2P that we can detect  and receive very few complaints about it. The students understand that bandwidth
is limited.  Rewind to about 7 years ago when we weren't blocking P2P we received numerous take down letters, and
subpoenas. We haven't seen either type of letter since we started blocking again about 6 years ago.

Mike

Michael Massa
Roger Williams University
Associate Director of Network Operations
401.254.3613