Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Do you block P2P ?

From: "Stanclift, Michael" <michael.stanclift () ROCKHURST EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 11:15:03 -0500

On university owned systems, we've been removing P2P apps for a couple of years now. I have custom rules built into our
McAfee Enterprise AV that deletes them on sight. .torrent files from campus systems are removed as well (unless someone
has an exemption to use them for legal purposes, but since we no longer have a CS or IS department, that hasn't come
up) -- our managed systems do not have to go through the NAC.

Michael Stanclift
Network Analyst
Rockhurst University

http://help.rockhurst.edu