Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Do you block P2P ?

From: Mike Porter <mike () UDEL EDU>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 10:32:39 -0400

On Fri, 4 Sep 2009, Barros, Jacob wrote:

I am surprised how much Skype has published to that end.  You should be
able to integrate these registry settings into your NAC solution.

We do not have a NAC solution for the dorms.  Staff machines are
not as much of a problem.

http://skype.com/security/network-admin-guide-version2.2.pdf

Yes, I have seen this.  Rumors about the accuracy come and go...

Thanks,

Mike

Jacob Barros
Network Administrator