Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: AV - Full scans or On Access Scans

From: "Jenkins, Matthew" <matthew.jenkins () FAIRMONTSTATE EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 09:29:07 -0400

We also share the same dream.  I wish there was some way to globally
modify all BIOS settings to enable WOL.  Half of the PCs deployed here
end up being deployed with the setting defaulted to off.  Aside, we use
VMPS, and from my understanding you can only get WOL packets through a
Cisco switch on an unauthorized port using 802.1X.

Matt

Matthew Jenkins
Network/Server Administrator
Fairmont State University