Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: AV - Full scans or On Access Scans

From: "Basgen, Brian" <bbasgen () PIMA EDU>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 14:55:50 -0700

 We wake our computers up at night and do a deep file AV scan then,
along with some other routine maintenance like a full spyware scan,
inventory checks, any application updates, and so on.

 Before we had wake on lan going, we did only on access scans. Needless
to say, it missed stuff and caused various problems.

Brian Basgen
Information Security
Pima Community College