Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Information on Raptor

From: jcrooks () CDNX CA (James Crooks)
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 11:14:10 -0800

This type of FUD (fear / uncertainty / doubt) is usually spread
around by the sales-droids and pet engineers of a competing
product...

You can check out various firewall feature lists via the site
http://www.gocsi.com/ (there are automated comparison tools there
that give you a first blush comparison of various products...

If you do find out concrete, specific flaws in Raptor - please pass
them on to me and the list!

We are using multiple Raptor systems in most Internet and Extranet
situations in proxy, VPN and filtered null tunnel modes of
operation.

_ANY_ firewall can be configured to reduce the level of protection
afforded. Unfortunately there are no flashing warning signs when
this happens and it may be a hacker knocking over your internal
systems that provides the first warning...

/jc

Martin M Samson wrote:

Good day to all,

This is my first posting to this list.

We own a Raptor Firewall for NT Integrated Entreprise Network.
The version is 6.0.

We've been told (by consultants) that this type of firewall has
many flaws.

Where could we find a complete list of points to investigate on
the vulnerability of our firewall?

Positive/negative feedback on the product is also welcome...

We will need to buy a second firewall to reorganize our security
this year, what is (in your opinion) the best machine?

Please reply to :  Martin.Samson () visa desjardins com

Merci, Thanks!

Mart!
---------
Bonne journie! / Have a nice day!

Pensie de la semaine : En apparence, la vie n'a aucun sens, et
pourtant, il est impossible qu'il n'y en ait pas un! (Albert
Einstein)
Martin M Samson
Consultant, Gestion de projets.
514-994-2243
http://pages.infinit.net/cci

--
James Crooks BScCS I.S.P. CISSP, Technical Consultant-Technology
Canadian Venture Exchange 604-643-6568 FAX 604-643-6563