Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Information on Raptor

From: dl () WILLOW NET (Daniel Liebster)
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:30:20 -0500

I  used Raptor for over a year, and never had the problems you mentioned. I
ran it under NT, on a self built P2-266/256MB RAM. Network topology had a T1
going out(supporting several ISDN and cable modem VPN clients), and 3
internal 100 BT networks. It Firewalled web, mail, and ftp servers from the
inside and out, and provided DNS. We would max out the CPU occasionally, but
considering all the rules we had, heavy traffic(100MB-2GB files), and that
it was NT underneath it all, that's not too surprising.

Now, while Raptor never spontaneously re/misconfigured itself, we did have
the some problems with the box at one time. The symptoms sounded like the
ones Jeff described in his email. We found the problem to be an admin who
was looking to get up to speed on Raptor. He had inadvertently saved changes
to the config he made during his voyages of discovery through the Raptor
GUI. Other than this episode, the box just ran.

Dan Liebster