Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Fwd: ANNOUNCEMENT: Lighting Firewall for Linux released

From: greg () TENET PL (Grzegorz Stelmaszek)
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 20:50:01 +0100

Hi,

I'd like to announce that Lighting Firewall for Linux is now available in
version 0.2.4 under ftp://ftp.tenet.pl/pub/firewall/lf/current.tar.gz.
Project's homesite is http://lighting.tenet.pl.

What is lf ?

Lighting Firewall is a firewalling system for Linux versions 2.2.x. It
works on two layers: network, and transport. This system can protect your
network against IP spoofing, IP scans, IP framentation attacks, IP
flooding, IP fake routes, IP hidden traceroute. It allows you to create
rules that control either to accept, block or reject specific packets. It
can mail you a message if an attack is detected, and obviously each
detected attack is blocked. For details refer to the Lighting's homesite.
The firewall supports masquerading, local redirection, packet forwarding
(including ring forwarding).

I'm looking forward to any comments and suggestions about this package.

I'm also looking for anyone who could help me in writting these small
(600kb;] peace of software, could test and improve.

regards,
  greg

--
* Grzegorz Stelmaszek        *          For my public PGP key:
* mailto:greg () tenet pl       *           finger:greg () tenet pl