Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Information on Raptor

From: BGrubin () SCIENT COM (Ben Grubin)
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 12:16:59 -0600

This sounds very much like you may want to look at Argus Systems "Gibralter"
product.  The foundation of it is a B2-secure kernel for Solaris, on top of
which there is functionality for "security gateways" which perform very much
the service you describe below, but utilize kernel-level
compartmentalization to prevent the security single point of failure issue
you talk about.

Of course conglomerating services like this does eventually lead to a loss
of performance as you do more and more complex proxying, but that's when you
start splitting off separate hardware.

---
Benjamin P. Grubin                 / bgrubin () scient com - PGP key available
Infrastructure/Security Architect / mobile (617) 513-5978 fax (617) 585-3230
Scient -- Be Legendary           / http://www.scient.com/  ticker://SCNT