PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Opinions on certs security/network

From: James Shewmaker <james () bluenotch com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 11:40:53 -0700

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Andrew <only.samurai () gmail com> wrote:
I'm somewhat surprised noone has mentioned (or maybe I just misread)
the Sans GIAC certifications. I really like their process, especially
if you pair the cert with the class.

I'm biased, teach for SANS, wrote a lot of GIAC questions ... and
never saw the C|EH material or exam.  Every person I talked to about
C|EH vs. GCIH that had both--thought the GCIH was more valuable and
harder.  Don't know that it translates to the HR job selection, but
that's the informal survey of those who have had both, value the
survey results based on what you paid for it. :)

--
Regards,

James Shewmaker