PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Opinions on certs security/network

From: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 11:05:26 -0400

The CEH recently was approved by the DoD, giving it some cred

http://www.informationweek.com/news/government/security/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=223101209

I've always heard that it is pretty basic. I've seen some of the
training videos for it which confirms that in my opinion.   BTW, on the EC
 Council website you can take a small quiz to test your knowledge of the
concepts.

I recently obtained my CISSP, so I'm looking for another cert to balance that out, as the CISSP was difficult but
doesn't demonstrate alot of technical knowledge.  I'm leaning toward a GIAC cert like the Wireless or Web App one.

CCNA would also be one I'd love to have, both to really learn the networking side of security and for a well-rounded
background.

-PJ