PaulDotCom mailing list archives

That degrees do you have?

From: gbugbear at gmail.com (Tim Mugherini)
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 08:00:15 -0400

Generally I agree with Vincent. Most companies are just looking for the BS
or MS. If you want to teach I suggest following advice of others here who
are teaching. Also try pinging strandjs as I know he also teaches.

Me personally I have a BS in Exercise Physiology. I loved working out and
wanted to learn more about the science of it so I chose a school with a good
curriculum in that subject and worked in research post. All the time staying
up to the early morning hours using the office computers to hack around
with. That degree and research work got me my start in Biotechs which is
where I do IT Security now.

Some say MBA is worth while but I would think thats only if you want to go
to the business side. Im perfectlly fine hanging out in the dark corner of
the server room personally.

Point being - follow your heart and listen to the advice of other doing what
you want to do.