PaulDotCom mailing list archives

That degrees do you have?

From: arch3angel at gmail.com (Robert Miller)
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 11:53:48 -0400

Hey Adrian,

I found myself in the same frustrating situation not long ago.  My local
college was not teaching anything I felt beneficial enough to warrant
the cost, let alone useful under real world conditions.  I have to agree
with the other party who mentioned it but hands on provides the greatest
value and i find that if you have a BS and the hands on experience you
can do quite well.

Throughout my search for a good school with a good reputation, and more
so a curriculum that meets my desires was not easy.  However I did find
Cappella University!  They were originally developed to meet the needs
of the armed forces but opened up to the public.  A good many of the
programs are designed around requirements of government agencies and
planned accordingly.  I have spoke with them on many occasions and hope
to begin there soon.

If you are active military or prior military you get a 15% discount on
tuition, small amount but every little bit counts :-)

Here are the degrees for InfoSec offered:

BS =
http://www.capella.edu/schools_programs/undergraduate_studies/technology/information_assurance_security.aspx
MS =
http://www.capella.edu/schools_programs/business_technology/masters/information_assurance_security.aspx
PhD =
http://www.capella.edu/schools_programs/business_technology/phd/information_security.aspx

Hope this helps someone, they are really good people!

- Robert

Adrian Crenshaw wrote:
I find myself very disappointed with higher education, price for
performance, ethics, etc. I have a BS in CS (I like saying it that
way) and am working on an MBA, but their idea of ethics is not my idea
of ethics.

I'm curious, what degrees do some of you have? I'm interested in
finding a job teaching infosec, so if you teach I'd really like to
hear what credentials you have.

Adrian