Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: WIRELESS THEFT

From: Jay DeSotel <jay () interl net>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 10:23:38 -0500 (CDT)

I would have to agree with a previous post. Once you use a single bit of
their bandwithto the world, it would be theft of service. If you simply
use the network to play games with the guy next door, no problem.

I work for a WISP, and have run into these issues before. I think what it
comes down to really, is that they can prevent this, either they
dont feel the need, or dont know how.

--
Jay DeSotel
Systems Administrator