Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: WIRELESS THEFT

From: "Trevor Cushen" <Trevor.Cushen () sysnet ie>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:51:38 +0100

That's an excellent question.  I am unsure what you mean by "happens to
catch that signal", do you mean that you pick up the other devices but
you are not running a sniffer to trace the traffic??

I would say that as long as you are not actually sniffing traffic and
gaining profit from the information gathered or using it illegally, ie
harrassment.  Then why would it be illegal.

I am very interested to see more answers on this because it is a good
one.  Bottom line I don't really know, but would suspect not your fault
you can pick up the signal (signal is not traffic!! as in not content).

Your not parked in the parking lot or anything are you, or hanging of
the roof with a pringles tin attached to your laptop to improve the
signal????

Trevor Cushen
Sysnet Ltd

www.sysnet.ie