Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: WIRELESS THEFT

From: "alex hajii" <xenix1989 () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 22:08:44 +0000

Well law matters depend on the side of the plannet that you live .....
but without being a judge or a layer I do not think you are breaking the law. when a frequency is not allowed to hear at it is usually reserved for the police the army etc. wirelles networks generally don't belong to the police or the army (except if the one u r talking about is). as far as i know new wirelles protocols are all encrypted beacause of leaks ... (I think they use PGP)
thus I think it not you should worry but the network's owner.
u r not sniffing a telephone line, I believe a good analog is two neigbors of yours are shouting to each other private information, is it your fault that you heard em? anyway, when u hear any frequency it is very very difficult to determine if you r sniffing and where you r.
... but exploiting what u sniff might be illegal ...