PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Bypassing Vontu

From: raffi at flossyourmind.com (Raffi Jamgotchian)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 12:20:03 -0400

I think it hashed files and fragments of known sensitive info then it
checks the traffic against it and PII.

I would try to obfuscate something you would know would get caught
otherwise.

----
Raffi

On Oct 22, 2009, at 11:38 AM, Brian Schultz <theconqueror at gmail.com>
wrote:

Our security department is testing out Symantec's Vontu and I am
playing the guinea pig and have to try and get documents out of our
company's environment. I have a really basic understanding of how it
works. It has a span port sitting and listening to all outgoing web
traffic and there is also an agent that sits on desktops and watches
to see if any sensitive information leaves via USB drive or e-mail.

Does anyone have any whitepapers or info regarding how it actually
works or any tactics I should try?