PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Bypassing Vontu

From: danthemanbaxter at gmail.com (Dan Baxter)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 11:37:52 -0500

Even easier-undock/unplug laptop, place in briefcase, leave office

On 10/22/09, Monkey Daemon <monkeywebdaemon at googlemail.com> wrote:
2009/10/22 Brian Schultz <theconqueror at gmail.com>:
Our security department is testing out Symantec's Vontu and I am playing
the
guinea pig and?have to try and get documents out of our company's
environment. I have a really basic understanding of how it works. It has a
span port sitting and listening to all outgoing web traffic and there is
also an agent that sits on desktops and watches to see if any sensitive
information leaves via USB drive or e-mail.

Does anyone have any whitepapers or?info regarding how it actually works
or
any tactics I should try?

Switch off the box, open the case and walk out with the disk in your
briefcase/laptop bag?

MWD