PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Bypassing Vontu

From: jandrusk at gmail.com (Justin Andrusk)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 20:53:32 -0400

Chris Merkel wrote:
No,  wasn't being sarcastic - don't assume that the DLP box will catch
even all of the normal end user ways of exfiltrating data. Skype,
encrypted for example.

Proving all the ways DLP can fail is the easy part. The only challenge
is that you run into there is that the failure modes are near
infinate.