PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Bypassing Vontu

From: allen.deryke at hushmail.com (Allen Deryke)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 12:27:04 -0400

Things I'de try:
  - Send it over https (SSL out ftw)
  - Common Image stego tools, embed that secret recipe right in the
company logo
  - Change formats, does it detect the word doc but not the jpeg
screen shot of said doc?

  Do all this using only the tools availible to your users, go out an
download encryption tools from a production build, bypass your proxy.

   I try not to judge a tool based on it's capablity but the value it
adds to your environment. You may find that in order for that product
to add value you may have to implement other controls.

    Encryption, Encodeing, and Stego are my perfered DLP product
attack vectors.

-- Allen Deryke

On Oct 22, 2009, at 11:38 AM, Brian Schultz <theconqueror at gmail.com>