Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap GUI

From: Christoph Brüser <chris () meista de>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 11:34:43 +0200

Andreas Ericsson wrote:
Database support should be in either an external, non-related script (I
know some people who do this already), or supported through use of
dlopen()'ed modules. It's not terribly difficult to add that
functionality and it makes it a helluva lot easier for coders to
contribute back-ends to nmap without Fyodor having to coordinate any of it.
I agree that a plugable backend architecture would be best. Allowing the
easy addition of new backends, the default backend could use the Nmap
generated xml files to store previous scan results.

- Chris