Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Nmap GUI

From: "Brandon Enright" <bmenrigh () ucsd edu>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 16:29:37 -0700

Fyodor wrote:

o Comparing results.  An option to show the differences between last
  weeks scan and the one I did today would be quite valuable.

*Extremely* valuable.  I'd like to see Nmap get support for a database backend.
Maybe MySQL or even support for multiple databases.

With a database output option you could do things like choose to store the last
"N" Nmaps of a host and only view differences between dates/scans.  You could
query the top ports open across all hosts in the database or even the fastest
growing ports from the previous round of scans.

While a command line interface could do all this I think a GUI would really
shine with these features.  InProtect tried this but for Nmap it was very poor.

Instead of a dozen people working on a GUI for Nmap it would be nice to see some
of the work spread out and more features being worked on.

Brandon

--
Brandon Enright
UCSD ACS/Network Operations