Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap GUI

From: grutz () jingojango net
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 14:17:25 -0500

Some of the idea bouncing around are really nice but do they really give
nmap any real functional boosts or are they simply just neat things that
could be handled by some "extension" writing or 3rd party mod?

I would hope that the aspiring nmap hacker vying for the GoogleGrant
would put their efforts into streamlining the timing to recognize
unresponsive/tarpitted hosts or improving the OS detection. GUIs are
nice but would it be possible to maintain a GUI with all the new options
that Fyodor keeps throwing into nmap? Last I saw nmapfe was really out
of date but I haven't touched it in a long while.