Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap GUI

From: Cándido Rodríguez Montes <kan () sugus eii us es>
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 23:51:51 +0200

Hi all,
I'm a Java coder since 6 years ago and I think Java is not the best
option for a Nmap GUI. If you have all lines of code of nmap team in
C/C++, you won't take advantage of it. In Java, you could only execute
nmap commands.
I think the new Nmap GUI could be coded in C/C++ with GTK+ library.
Another excellent program, ethereal, is coded in C with GTK+ and you can
install in the next systems: MacOSX, BeOS, Linux, *BSD, UNIX, Windows,
etc. Not only Java is portable! :D

Cheers,

Candido Rodriguez

Emmanuel Goldstein escribió:

I just have to say one thing:

Saying that Java is nice because it works on all OS is like saying
anal sex is nice because it works on all genders...

;-P