Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap GUI

From: Emmanuel Goldstein <goldstein101 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 20:27:07 +0200

In my opinion a good GUI for Nmap should include:

-- A Graphical Map of the network. Wouldn't it be great that Nmap
draws a little sketch of the network showing wich ip's are hosts,
routers/switches, printers...?

-- The GUI should include ALL the possible nmap arguments. Maybe some
of them only available when pressing an "Advanced" button. Would be
great to be able to use all the options nmap provides from the
graphical interface.

-- Packet Statistics. Maybe not very important but quite helpful to
learn how nmap works. Not very difficult to implement thoug. It's
quite interesting to sniff the packets nmap sends to hosts and the
ones that they send back, I usually learn a lot from that.

I'll give it a thought and try to come up with more ideas. Let me know
what you thing of these.

Cheers, bye.