Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: regarding spam...

From: "Jeff Brown" <jvbrown () gte net>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 12:11:59 -0500

There are very sophisticated email filters available out there.
http://www.group-technologies.com .wall is quite strong.
The challenge is that so many have opted for shareware fixes
for so long (RBL/others) that the value proposition on a solid
anti-spam solution is difficult to justify in the current economy.

On occasions where spam issues become a content filtering
concern ( IP leakage/porn ) the commercial/Enterprise world
acknowledges the value of an associated license fee.

AV companies need to stay focused on AV, and IDS firms
should maintain their focus as well. Some content filtering
solutions are able to handle these issues right now with
specialized and intuitive algorithms.