Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Network Traffic Violations

From: jrtietsort <jrtietsort () micron com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 14:41:00 -0600

Telco-ISP's will survive because the provide the same
bandwidth to each user regardless of how many users
in your area are using the service.  I think you'll
find that cable modems, you are sharing bandwidth
with all the other houses in your area.

This is great if you are the only one, but wait until
20 other people in your subdivision are downloading
porno graphics and watch your bandwidth go downhill
fast!