Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Network Traffic Violations

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc () citec qld gov au>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 11:48:19 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

Have had asimilar experience. One of the banks in this country decided to
provide an internet client so users could do banking from home. Only
problem was that the IP of the machine was used in the "encryption" scheme
somewhere and this made the software absolutely useless from behind any
"firewall" providing NAT. The bank refused to change their software so we
had lots of unhappy clients who couldn't get to their bank.

Colin