Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: UNIX to NT

From: Massimo Brogioni <brogio () cybermarket it>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 22:17:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998 mreiter () gwillness osd mil wrote:

I'm attempting to hook up my test firewall (on a BSD UNIX box) to an NT
box.  Both computers can send and receive valid pings - but only as a

(...)

broadcasts are ok.  A UNIX administrator, an NT administrator, and a
network engineer cannot find any configuration errors.  In short - there's
a continuous wire, 2 correctly configured (I think) boxes, packets moving,
and no communication.  Any ideas how the two can be made to talk?

choice:

1) Some hardware is broken

2) Something is misconfigurated

Solutions:

1) Replace the broken hardware

2) Fire the Unix admin, the NT admin and the network engineer (or cut
drastically his salary :-))

                                        Ciao

                                        MB-)

"So you think you could tell heaven from hell, blue skies from pain..."

                                Cybermarket SysAdmin