Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Secure Web Directory?

From: Mujtaba Talebi <mtalebi () DCCC EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 08:49:12 -0600

Hello Neal,

We do not have a publicly accessible directory. We use web contact forms on our public website to allow some of our
staff to be contacted via the web. We rarely advertise email addresses. To complete the web contact form you have to
complete a CAPTCHA successfully. This has worked well for us. Unfortunately we still get hit with a bit of spam. I have
a feeling that our email addresses may get sold or shared to marketing companies who sell/share our email addresses to
other firms.

Mujtaba