Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

QuickLaunch + YubiKeys?

From: AIS <ais () REINHARDT EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 13:32:08 +0000

We are looking at rolling out QuickLaunch + YubiKeys for an additional multi-factor method yet?
http://www.quicklaunchsso.com/security-key-by-yubico.html

Has anyone done this yet? If so, I would love to get your input on:

  1.  Are you deploying QuickLaunch for SSO/IDP + MFA?
  2.  Are you considering providing YubiKeys to staff? and students also?
  3.  If you are rolling these out to students, how are you (re)covering the cost for the keys?
  4.  Which key types are you using:
     *   YubiKey 5 NFC
     *   YubiKey 5 Nano
     *   YubiKey 5C
     *   YubiKey 5C Nano
     *   Security Key by Yubico
  5.  Are you deploying QuickLaunch for HR/SIS to Active Directory automated user provisioning?