Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Password Management Policy & Standards

From: Carlos Lobato <clobato () NMSU EDU>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 15:34:15 +0000

All,

I highly appreciate the discussion regarding this topic and would highly appreciate to hear from you more on the
specifics of how are you addressing the frequency of changing passwords?

Additionally, if you are changing your passwords, is this requirement applicable to all types of accounts including
service accounts, highly privileged accounts, student accounts, ect.?

If you are not changing your passwords at all, please let me know as well as including your reasoning.

Carlos