Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password Management Policy & Standards

From: Brad Judy <brad.judy () CU EDU>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 15:09:50 +0000

If the password is used to control the second factor, then you donĀ¹t have
a second factor.

Brad Judy

Information Security Officer
Office of Information Security
University of Colorado
1800 Grant Street, Suite 300
Denver, CO  80203
Office: (303) 860-4293
Fax: (303) 860-4302
www.cu.edu <http://www.cu.edu/>

On 2/26/16, 5:09 AM, "The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv on
behalf of Bradner, Scott" <SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU on behalf of
sob () HARVARD EDU> wrote:

you could care if the password is compromised if the password is used to
enable or otherwise
control the 2nd factor

Scott