Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft antivirus

From: "Santabarbara, Angelo" <asantabarbara () SIENA EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 17:59:40 -0400

We are also going down this same route.  We have been testing FEP with
about 200 lab machines and all of our Microsoft servers.  Overall, it seems
to do a better job than McAfee and with SCCM we do have visibility and
control over what it is doing.  SCCM is not the easiest deployment, but we
already had it running as we've been using FIM since November.  Upon
install we've actually found many infections that were not detected by
McAfee.  Based on this, the cost savings, and the smaller resource
footprint, we will be switching all of our machines to FEP this summer.

Angelo D. Santabarbara
Director of Networks & Systems
Siena College
518-782-6996
ASantabarbara () siena edu

***Siena ITS staff will NEVER ask for your password or other confidential
information via email.***

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
distribution is prohibited. If you received this e-mail and are not the
intended recipient, please inform the sender by e-mail reply and destroy
all copies of the original message.