Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft antivirus

From: Ed Zawacki <edz () UIC EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 14:24:57 -0500

I just wanted to say that I appreciate all of the comments I've received
on this topic to both me directly and to the list.

One interesting observation is that of the people who responded, it
seems that nearly everyone that switched to MS FEP seems happy with it.
A few weeks ago, I was looking at Gartner's magic quadrant for endpoint
protection as well as a report they did on FEP a year or so ago and they
seemed to be underwhelmed. Odd.

Thanks!
edz

--
Ed Zawacki
Chief Information Security and Privacy Officer

General Security Line: (312) 432-0074