Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Question about Endpoint Encryption

From: Jason Testart <jatestart () UWATERLOO CA>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 14:51:02 -0400

I'm about to roll-out SecureDoc by WinMagic. I've delayed our deployment only because of usability issues on Windows 7/Vista. It has a feature to synchronize the password for the encryption key (file) with the operating system password that I am keen on using. It worked solid with XP but had problems with Vista/7 (because of move from the GINA to the "credential provider" model, I suppose). I just now have a version that works nicely on Vista (we're just verifying now with 7).

It supports Macs and Linux but the functionality is much more limited on those platforms.

jt