Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Question about Endpoint Encryption

From: Cal Frye <cjf () CALFRYE COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 11:15:32 -0400

On 9/3/10 8:14 AM, Bob DeSilets wrote:
We are deploying PGP WDE and are about to begin deploying the
NetShare product, both managed by a Universal Server.  We have a
significant Mac population, and the newest version of PGP fully
supports 10.6 with Whole Disk Encryption (NetShare is not available
to Mac users).

Hi, Bob,
Is PGP on the Mac more compatible with Time Machine than File Vault is?
That was a major problem in our minds, and it would be good to have this
alternative.

--
Best regards
-- Cal Frye, Network Administrator, Oberlin College

   www.calfrye.com,  www.oberlin.edu/cit/

"The freedom of the mind is the beginning of all other freedoms."
--Clinton Lee Scott.