Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: University credentials used by third parties

From: Paul Kendall <PKendall () ACCUDATASYSTEMS COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 08:17:31 -0500

Thank you to everyone who contributed their bit of history.

To those of you who may have gotten started in this field in the 50s and 60s, a heartfelt thanks for helping make it
happen. You drove the hardware side to the point it became useful. To those of use in the late 60s through the late
80s, hardware continued to be a wild ride, but so did software, especially programming languages and operating systems.
To everyone who started later than us, you have contributed spectacularly to the field, and have continued to extend
the art and science of computing to new levels. It is an honor and a pleasure to work alongside all of you.

I enjoyed this dialog immensely; it is good to see there are still a lot of us around who do remember 'back in the
day...'.

Paul
Paul L. Kendall, PhD, CGEIT, CHP, CHSS, CHS-III, DHS-CVI, CISM, CISSP, CSSLP
PCI Qualified Security Assessor
Senior Consultant
Accudata Systems, Inc.