Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: University credentials used by third parties

From: Valdis Kletnieks <Valdis.Kletnieks () VT EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 23:03:45 -0400

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 14:42:47 PDT, Eric Case said:

Know about or use front panel switches?  I never got to use them, but I know
about them.

While we are in the way back machine, how many know about core memory?

The two computers I started doing anything serious on on were the campus IBM
S/360-65J, which had a whole whopping 4M of core memory (hat was one big honking
-65J) and an HP2114, which had 16K of core.  They only let me play with the
front panel switches of the HP2114. :)