Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: University credentials used by third parties

From: Mike Iglesias <iglesias () UCI EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 17:42:03 -0700

On 08/18/2010 02:25 PM, Russell Fulton wrote:
On 19/08/2010, at 4:02 AM, Guy Pace wrote:

COBOL!?!?! COBOL is for people who love to type and write code in stream of consciousness mode.

It's front panel switches for me!

OK, how many folk on the list know about front panel switches? ;-)

I used to have a short program keyed in from the front panel switches for
our DEC KI-10 that would rotate the lights in interesting patterns.

or 80 column boot straps?

Nope, but we did have paper tape and DECtape bootstraps.

--
Mike Iglesias                          Email:       iglesias () uci edu
University of California, Irvine       phone:       949-824-6926