Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: RIAA Notices

From: Bob Bayn <Bob.Bayn () USU EDU>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:10:45 -0600

Brenda Gombosky asked from U of Louisville:
We have been inundated with RIAA notices this week - what we
usually get in 3-4 months we got this week!  Is anyone else
experiencing this kind or increase?

Same here.  I usually get about 2 a week and I've been getting
about half a dozen a day this week.  I attributed it to the
end of term and students downloading a summers worth of songs
before they leave our fast internet access.  But maybe the RIAA
is trying to pick off seniors as they leave for their first
high paying job.  A lot of our graduates will have a lot more
blood in the turnip soon.

--
Bob Bayn  ride-a-bike (435)797-2396
Network Security Team coordinator