Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: RIAA Notices

From: Matthew Gracie <graciem () CANISIUS EDU>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 17:16:08 -0400

Mclaughlin, Kevin (mclaugkl) wrote:
We are as well.  Speculation - maybe RIAA figured out the whole bit
torrent thing.
-Kevin

I don't think so -- everything I'm getting over here is for Gnutella
network violations. I'm amazed that the students are still using
Limewire in this day and age, but that seems to be the case.

At least I've got an explanation for all of the malware-infested laptops
that are still showing up at the Help Desk...

--Matt

--
Matt Gracie                         (716) 888-8378
Information Security Administrator  graciem () canisius edu