Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: New e-mail attack using valid webmail accounts

From: "Jenkins, Matthew" <matthew.jenkins () FAIRMONTSTATE EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:58:25 -0400

Thanks for the note Zach.  To my knowledge we did not receive any
phishing attempts, as we usually hear about them.  Aside, our upstream
provider does our spam filtering and they are pretty good about catching
the phishing messages.  However, you have sparked my curiosity enough to
ask around and see if I can find any evidence this occurred with this
particular account.

Matt

Matthew Jenkins
Network/Server Administrator