Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: New e-mail attack using valid webmail accounts

From: "Michael H. Martel" <martelm () QUARK VSC EDU>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 09:49:41 -0500

--On March 5, 2008 9:08:22 PM -0500 "Jenkins, Matthew"
<matthew.jenkins () FAIRMONTSTATE EDU> wrote:

Luckily we monitor our queues and were paged when this attack took place.
We quickly responded by investigating, disabling the account, and then

What do you use to monitor your queues ?  This sounds like something a lot
of sites should be doing.

Thanks!

Michael

--

  Michael H. Martel              | Systems Administrator