Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: New e-mail attack using valid webmail accounts

From: "Bruggeman, John" <jbruggeman () HUC EDU>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 15:26:41 -0500

Did you find out what account was compromised or who was sending the
spam?  What I'm wondering is if the attack was random or if someone
targeted your site?

Thank you for sharing how you monitor your queues, I was wondering that
myself.

Best,
John

John Bruggeman     Director of Information Systems
Hebrew Union College - Jewish Institute of Religion
Cincinnati   *  New York  * Los Angeles *  Jerusalem
jbruggeman () huc edu    http://www.huc.edu