Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: classifying P2P traffic

From: Michael Hornung <hornung () WASHINGTON EDU>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 09:06:20 -0800

I've looked at L7-Filter (http://l7-filter.sourceforge.net/) and it is an
interesting approach.  I have not found a really satisfactory way to build
reporting around it, but my current thinking is that something pretty good
could be born out of an Argus and L7-Filter hybrid with some burly
post-processing to link, for example, top talkers with the applications
their flows have matched.

 Michael Hornung          UW Technology
 hornung () washington edu   University of Washington