Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: classifying P2P traffic

From: "Consolvo, Corbett D" <cc72 () TXSTATE EDU>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 09:01:09 -0600

Jason,
  We are currently using Tipping Point to monitor/block which has been mostly very successful.  We are also in the
process of deploying Facetime's RTGuardian solution for spyware - it also has a P2P section that looks pretty sharp.
If you are interested I can keep you informed of our progress on that (we just deployed it in test in a small area last
night)

We think we are catching at least most P2P (based on RIAA notices :) ).  Also, our traffic patterns seem pretty healthy.

Thanks,
Corbett Consolvo
Information Security Analyst
Texas State University