Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: classifying P2P traffic

From: "Greene, Chip" <cgreene2 () RICHMOND EDU>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 10:01:15 -0500

We are using the Packetshaper 6500 and the Cisco IDSM-2 Modules.  Both devices are catching P2P, but our test lab shows
that we have the ability with new software releases of Limewire to download some files.  If we remove either device,
the ability to download files increases, so we are happy with the dual-vendor approach.