Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Checking for AV software on students' machines

From: Bill Frazier <frazier () IASTATE EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 07:50:37 CDT

I agree.  To amplify on what I said about our effort, we are
preparing an application which will run on the client system
to do tests.  A firewall may protect against intrusion, but it
says nothing about pre-existing state.  A well patched and AV
current system is less likely to be carrying infection.

Bill